Menlo Park, a Tree City USA community, is a quiet yet vibrant city of pleasant, tree-lined neighborhoods and friendly people. Situated on “The Peninsula”, Menlo Park is conveniently located centrally between San Francisco on the North and San Jose on the South, and bordered by the cities of Palo Alto and Atherton. Menlo Park prides itself as a city with old fashioned values in the center of Silicon Valley.
Menlo Park is an attractive residential neighborhoods, ranging from quaint bungalow to convenient cluster homes and new executive style housing. The city organizes many special events throughout the year. Its school district, Las Lomitas and Menlo Park highest scores in state. The Menlo Park City School District serves the communities of Menlo Park and Atherton, and includes Laurel, Oak Knoll, and Encinal elementary schools, Hillview Middle school, and Menlo-Atherton High, which is one of the highest-ranking schools on the Peninsula.
Despite its proximity to Stanford University, Sand Hill Road venture capitalists, dot-com start-ups and research institutions, “Menlo Park still at least seems like a small town,” notes Michael Svanevik and Shirley Burgett in their published “Menlo Park: Beyond the Gate.” Menlo Park now offers a suburban enclave with many urban amenities: from a bustling downtown and strong public school district, to plenty of parks and recreation facilities. Today, Menlo Park houses many unique businesses such as Facebook, SRI (Stanford Research Institute), Sunset Magazine, the U.S Geological Survey, the Stanford Linear Accelerator and number of venture capital firms.
Neighborhoods in Menlo Park
- Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Central Menlo Park
- County area of Fair Oaks
- Felton Gables
- Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Oaks
- Sharon Heights/Stanford Hills
- Suburban Park/Flook Park
- The Willows
- Belle Haven
- Seminary Oaks
- Downtown Menlo Park
- University Height – Alameda County Area
View Menlo Park Neighborhoods in a larger map
Menlo Park Year-Over-Year Stats
- Median home prices increased by 6.7% year-over-year to $2,001,500 from $1,875,000.
- The average home sales price rose by 7.4% year-over-year to $2,486,310 from $2,316,070.
- Home sales rose by 17.2% year-over-year to 34 from 29.
- Active listings fell 25.3% year-over-year to 56 from 75.
- Sales price vs. list price ratio rose by 3.5% year-over-year to 111.2% from 107.4%.
- The average days on market fell by 60.6% year-over-year to 12 from 30.
Homes For Sale in Menlo Park